Opening of Postdoctoral Researchers at Center for Nuclear Study, the University of Tokyo
CNS has been promoting the theoretical nuclear physics under the project Priority Issue 9 to be Tackled by Using Post K Computer, “Elucidation of the Fundamental Laws and Evolution of the Universe”. CNS is calling for applications for a post-doctoral research fellow to promote Priority Issue 9, sub-issue B “Exploring the Origin and Evolution of Matter”.
JOB TITLE: Special researcher
FIELD: Theoretical nuclear physics.
- The successful candidates will work on nuclear structure physics related to weak interaction utilizing large-scale shell-model calculations.
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must hold a recent Ph.D degree in theoretical nuclear physics, or a related field by December 1, 2016.
EMPLOYMENT: Four months employment contract up to March 31, 2017. The start of the employment is December 1, 2016 (negotiable). Health and unemployment insurance plans are available.
- CV (Format: http://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/news/jobs/index.html )
- List of publications/talks/etc.
- Research summary (two A4 pages)
- Future research plan (two A4 pages)
- Copies of three significant articles
- Names and contact details of two persons for inquiry about applicant
Susumu Shimoura, Center for Nuclear Study, School of Science, the University of Tokyo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Hongo, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan
Applicants must write “Application documents for special researcher (Post-K issue 9)” in red on the front of the envelope. Applicants should send the application documents by postal mail or express shipping service.
- DEADLINE OF APPLICATION: October 7rd (Fri.) 2016
We acknowledge, understand and embrace diversity.
Noritaka Shimizu Project Associate Professor Center for Nuclear Study, the University of Tokyo shimizu_AT_cns.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp